Laboratory of neuroscience and artificial intelligence
Head of laboratory:Tursonjan Tokay
Main research directions
- Bioelectrical activity of the brain in physiological and pathological conditions
- Study of brain (mal)function from behavioral aspects.
- Neural damage and Rehabilitation
- Convergence of neurosciences and electrical engineering (neuroengineering).
- Translation of new findings and technologies into clinical practice.
- To investigate brain function at all levels ̶ from molecules, synapses and neurons to neural circuits in the intact brain as well as from behavioral aspects.
- To develop brain-inspired smart device for diagnosing, predicting and treating neurological disorders, as well as for facilitating healthcare in Kazakhstan.
- Using an integrative approach to analyze and combine different types of data (symptoms, images, EEG, genes) for creation of effective diagnostic models.
- To develop and optimize brain stimulation techniques for cognitive improvement.