Automation of the technology of preparation of erythrocyte cell transport systems for targeted drug delivery in the human body
Project: «Automation of the technology of preparation of erythrocyte cell transport systems for targeted drug delivery in the human body».
Scientific novelty is development of cellular bioengineering for targeted drug delivery by developing of technology for automatic drug loading of erythrocytes.
Automation of technology for obtaining transport systems based on autologous erythrocytes ensures optimization of targeted drug delivery in the body and improves the treatment results of surgical infections.
Project goal: Development of a prototype of an automated software-controlled complex based on a new technology for automatic loading of erythrocytes with selected drugs with a sterile disposable set of consumables for targeted drug delivery in the human body.
- A prototype of a hardware-software complex will be developed to implement a new technology for automatic loading of erythrocytes with selected drugs with precision dosing devices and special software.
- A prototype of a disposable set of consumables for automatic loading of erythrocytes with selected drugs under sterile conditions will be developed.
- Testing of the developed prototype of hardware-software complex for automatic loading of erythrocytes with selected drugs will be carried out In vitro.
- The main biopharmaceutical parameters of pharmacocytes will be studied in automatic loading of erythrocytes with selected drugs In vitro.
- An application will be submitted for the expertise of the developed prototype of the software and hardware complex for the model of the new technology for automatic loading of erythrocytes with selected drugs in the Republican State Enterprise "National Center for the Expertise of Medicines and Medical Devices".
- Based on the research results, reports will be presented at international conferences and / or exhibitions.
- The research results will be published in international peer-reviewed scientific journals included in the Web of Science and (or) Scopus database in accordance with the competition requirements according to the calendar plan. At least 3 (three) articles and (or) reviews will be published in peer-reviewed scientific journals indexed in the Science Citation Index Expanded of the Web of Science database and (or) having a CiteScore percentile in the Scopus database of at least 35 (thirty five) for the entire project implementation period. At least 1 (one) article or review will be published in a peer-reviewed foreign or domestic publication recommended by CQAEA.
- Principal investigator Dr. Berikkhanova K., MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Leading Researcher, PI «National Laboratory Astana» Nazarbayev University. Dr. Berikkhanova is Candidate of Medical Sciences in Surgery, surgeon, proctologist. Experience of surgeon - 24 years, researcher - 15 years. H-index 4 - Web of Science. Researcher ID: E-2290-2016; ORCID ID 0000-0002-6371-9210; Scopus Author ID: 56076631900.
Main publications of project leader and research group concerning theme of project:
- Red blood cell ghosts as promising drug carriers to target wound infections. Автор: Berikkhanova,K; Omarbaev R; Gulyayev; Sergazy. MEDICAL ENGINEERING & PHYSICS V: 38 I: 9 SI P: 877-884. SEP 2016. Included in Q3 database Web of Science. Scopus CiteScore Percentile - 67 . Citation Index 6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.medengphy.2016.02.014
- Risk Factors for Primary Pulmonary TB in Almaty Region, Kazakhstan: A Matched Case-Control Study. Zhussupov, Hermosilla, Terlikbayeva, Berikkhanova K // IRANIAN JOURNAL OF PUBLIC HEALTH. V. 45 I. 4 P. 441-450. APR 2016. Included in Q3 database Web of Science. Scopus CiteScore Percentile - 21 . Citation Index 2. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4888171/ https://doi.org/10.1016/j.medengphy.2016.02.014
- PHARMACOKINETICS OF CEFTRIAXONE INCLUDED IN CELLULAR TRANSPORT SYSTEM. Nurgozhin, T.; Gulyayev, A.; Berikkhanova, K.12th Congress of the European-Association-for-Clinical-Pharmacology-and-Therapeutics. SPAIN. European Assoc Clin Pharmacol & TherapeutTHERAPEUTICS V. 37 I. 8 S. P. E62-E62, AUG 2015. Included in Q3 database Web of Science. Scopus CiteScore Percentile-78 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apradiso.2015.08.001
- Proteomic analysis of cellular response induced by boron neutron capture reaction in human squamous cell carcinoma SAS cells. Sato, Akira; Itoh, Tasuku; Imamichi, Shoji; Berikkhanova K. 16th International Congress on Neutron Capture Therapy (ICNCT). Helsinki, FINLAND. APPLIED RADIATION AND ISOTOPES V. 106. SI P. 213-219. 2015. Scopus CiteScore Percentile - 43. Citation Index 6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apradiso.2015.08.001
- Tuberculosis report among injection drug users and their partners in Kazakhstan Автор:: Hermosilla, S.; El-Bassel, N.; Berikkhanova K. PUBLIC HEALTH V. 129. I. 5. P. 569-575. MAY 2015. Scopus CiteScore Percentile - 79 . Citation Index 11.
- Cytotoxicity reduction of rifampicin by incorporation into red blood cell ghosts. Zh. Zhumadilov, K. Berikkhanova, International Journal of Preclinical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2014, Vol. 5(3).-P.147-155.
- Changes gentamicin pharmacokinetics when depositing this antibiotic in cell containers. T Nurgozhin, Z Zhumadilov, K Berikkhanova - BASIC & CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY & TOXICOLOGY, 2014; V 115. SI 1. P. 104-105. Scopus CiteScore Percentile 60. https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=56076631900.
- APPLICATION OF ERYTHROCYTE SHADOWS FOR TARGETED DELIVERY OF IMMUNOREGULATORY PEPTIDES TO LIVER. Bulletin of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan. A. Shramko, K. Berikkhanova, A. Sh. Askarova. Kazakhstan, 2016. ISSN 2224-5308 http://nauka-nanrk.kz/ru/assets/%D0%B6%D1%83%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BB
- Effectiveness of using drug "Vokadin" in purulent wounds treatment. Zh.S. Spataev, K.E. Berikkhanov. Science and Health, №4, 2012, pp. 19-20.
- Topographic pharmacokinetics of Interleukin-1 beta, encapsulated into autologous erythrocyte ghosts. III International Conference on Antimicrobial Research – ICAR 2014; Испания. Berikkhanova K., P.438.
- «Assessment of toxicity of cytokines encapsulated into autologous erythrocyte ghosts». 2nd International Summit on Clinical Pharmacy, 2014. USA. Berikkhanova K.,
- Targeting macrophages and their functions modulation by autologous red blood cells delivery system containing cytokines and antibiotics. 12th US-Japan Symposium on Drug Delivery System, 2013, США. K. Berikkhanova.
- «The feasibility of acceleration of wound healing by using erythrocyte pharmacocytes with antibiotics». BIT\'s 5th Annual World Congress of Regenerative Medicine & Stem Cell (RMSC), 2012, China, P. 177; K.E.Berikkhanova.
- "Method of accelerating healing of purulent wounds of soft tissues by targeted delivery of interleukin-2 and ceftriaxone." Berikhanova K.E., Zhumadilov Zh. Patent for invention RK. 2019, No. 33870.
- "Method for modifying pharmacokinetics of preparation of recombinant human interleukin-1β by incorporation into autologous red blood cells transport systems", Patent of RK for invention No. 704. 2018.
- "Method of treatment of purulent wounds" Zhumadilov Zh., Berikkhanova K., Patent of RK for invention No. 31606. 2016.
- "Method of treatment of acute peritonitis with intra-portal administration of ceftriaxone". Turebaev D., Berikkhanova K., Patent 024480. 2010.
- Method of treating purulent-inflammatory diseases of soft tissues. Patent of RK for invention No. 18565. Kairkhanov E.K, Berikkhanova K., 2007.
- "Method of treatment of chronic recurrent and acute paraproctitis". Patent of Republic of Kazakhstan for invention No. 14756. Zhumadilov Zh., Berikkhanova K., 2004.
- Leading researcher: Seredin German, engineer for medical equipment, technical tests and measurements, in field of repairs, refurbishment, engineer for service maintenance of medical equipment, X-ray machines and computer tomographs. Total work experience: 28 years. Of these, work experience in automation of measurements of electronic systems is 26 years.
Priority area of work: Automation of measuring systems, creation of new prototypes of devices, including for scientific applications. Design and implementation of HMI / MMI SCADA complexes. The developer of the SCADA complex (MALOX) with a data collection and control program, mechatronics (executive devices). Siemens Step 7, HMI / MMI SCADA Industrial Automation.
Programming in languages: C ++, MFC, Assembler, Pascal, Delphi, G (LabVIEW, BridgeVIEW), LabWindows / CVI. For operating systems DOS, Windows, Linux. Programming controllers for self-sufficient processor systems based on PIC, AVR, MPLab, AVRStudio. Seredin German, international engineer, has completed orders from medical companies for manufacture of «turnkey» devices. He has Varian Certificate in machinery maintenance in Germany, Kazakhstan.
- Senior Researcher: Alimbayev Aidar, Head of the FABLAB Digital Prototyping Laboratory, Electronic Engineer, NURIS, Nazarbayev University.
Key skills, competencies: CAD systems: AutoCAD, Fusion 360, Altium Designer, Programming languages: C ++, Bash, Programming environments: Microsoft Visual Studio, Sublime Text, DEV C ++, Arduino IDE, Mathematical calculation and modeling: MATLAB, LabVIEW, MULTISIM, Advanced PC user: Linux, Windows, Computer vision libraries: OpenCV.
1.Test Stand for Prospective Mobile Power-Supply Sources Link: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=7998548;
- Implementation of PPM modulation and demodulation using NI Digital Electronics FPGA Board Link: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=7147331;
3.The impact of IoT technologies on cattle weight measuring devices cattle RG Link: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Aidar_Alimbaev 2017 - SIBCON 2015.
4) Senior Researcher: Yedrissov Azamat, Engineer, Doctor of Chemical Sciences, Professor. Orchid: 0000-0003-3047-8200; Researcher ID: C-6835-2016; Scopus Author ID: 57208894528.
- Nanoscale mobility mapping in semiconducting polymer films. ULTRAMICROSCOPYТом 218Выпуск Страница Опубликовано 2020.
Alekseev, A.; Yedrissov, A.; Hedley, G. J.; et al.
- A New Method for the Synthesis of Bromine-Containing Heterocyclic Compounds for Photovoltaic Polymers
EURASIAN CHEMICO-TECHNOLOGICAL JOURNALТом 21Выпуск 1Страница 41-44Опубликовано 2019. Khrustalev, D.; Yedrissov, A.; Shishlova, Y.; et al.
- Combined Ultramicrotomy and Atomic Force Microscopy Study of the Structure of a Bulk Heterojunction in Polymer Solar Cells
SEMICONDUCTORSТом 52Выпуск 1Страница 105-111Опубликовано 2018. Alekseev, A. M.; Al-Afeef, A.; Hedley, G. J.; et al.
- The study of photovoltaic and electrotransport properties of organic solar cells based on a mixture of PTB7-TH thiophene and PC70BM fullerene
BULLETIN OF THE UNIVERSITY OF KARAGANDA-PHYSICSТом 2Выпуск 90 Страница 18-25. Опубликовано 2018. Nurmakhanova, A.; Ilyassov, B.; Alekseev, A.; et al.
- Local electrical properties of PTB7 film. MATERIALS TODAY-PROCEEDINGSТом 4Выпуск 3Страница 4561-4566Опубликовано 2017. Yedrissov, A.; Alekseev, A.; Ilyassov, B.;
- TGA-Based Thermokinetics of High-Viscosity Oil Decomposition in the Presence of Nanocatalysts, Catalytic Additives, and Polymers. Petroleum Chemistry, 2021. 61. 4. 431-437. (IF-1,039) https://doi.org/10.1134/S0965544121050157. AT Yedrissov, DE Aitbekova, A Tusipkhan, AB Tateyeva, GG Baikenova, MI Baikenov, DA Kaikenov.
- New composite material for biodegradable electronics. Materials Today: Proceedings, 2021 (IF-0,97), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.11.053. A.Yedrissov, D.Khrustalev, A.Alekseev, A.Khrustaleva, A.Vetrova.